Monday, August 25, 2008

Really Crafty

I really should start a crafting blog, or writing about my crafting, but so far, it hasn't happened.

However, I would like to document for posterity, that when I was walking into work the other day from the parking garage, I was carrying my owl bag as usual, and someone I didn't know asked me where I bought the bag!

That is the first time anyone has ever asked me where I *bought* something I actually made. And I had never seen her before.

She proceeded to tell me that she likes owls. I showed her the back and how it says "hoot" and she thought it was great. At that moment I wished I had my own etsy store, and very funky biz cards to hand out, and sort of envisioned this whole other world I could be living in, where I applique at my sewing machine all day.

And then I snapped back to reality and went to work!

2 comments:

  1. I think you should a crafty blog, too! I have enjoyed seeing your sewn creations, from the crafty stuff to the clothing. You really go the extra mile with the details on your bags, which is awesome. Starting an Etsy shop is so simple from what I've seen. Let me know if you decide to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Antoinette! I think I will start blogging about my crafts & sewing. As for etsy, the question is if that's what I really want to do with my time. I doubt I could make a good profit from my bags because they take so long to make. But the idea *is* in the back of my mind!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.