Sunday, May 24, 2009

My wireless router & the sink

Remember my "heart touching" router?

My new wireless router, installed and working!
love the pink cable

I finally gathered my courage and installed it today.
It took 45 minutes.
I got stuck at one point because it kept reporting:
"You have set the wrong dynamic or static IP address for your WL-520GU".

I finally Googled the phrase.
Someone in this thread suggested power cycling the cable modem and the router.
I did that and it worked! I really should have thought of that myself. I had rebooted the laptop but had not thought about rebooting the cable modem too.

The wireless is also working with my new netbook. Awesome! Now I'm no longer tethered to my desk. I can't wait to see if the internet works outside.

It's also security enabled this time! Woo!

I don't know if my heart is touched, but I am excited that it's working.

I think the sink is really fixed

It's been about 5 weeks since I fixed the pipe situation under the sink. It's not leaking! Thanks to my dad for his phone support and to Devin for actually choosing the new pipe at Home Depot (the new metal pipe is long enough to replace the old metal pipe AND one of the plastic pipes), but I actually fixed it myself with my own 2 hands and that, my friends, is pretty heart touching indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations for troubleshooting a pipe problem thing! I am very impressed indeed....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.