So, my McCall's 6069 "one hour dress (sewing time only)" clocked in at 3.5 hours (sewing time only).
To recap, I used the front of A for the front, the front of C for the back, didn't add the pockets and left it sleeveless.
So last night it looked like this:
and now it looks like this:
I made the sash to go with it, but I don't really like it. I think it would look better with a belt, but shockingly all of my belts are too big for my waist.
The dress length was perfect before hemming, so I did a minimal hem. Next time (if there is a next time for this dress) I will cut it at least an inch or 1.5 inches longer so I can do a nice normal sized hem. I was proud of myself that when I did my twin needle stitching, I stitched on the right side of the garment. Also, I didn't have two spools of forest green thread, so I took an empty spool and wound up a lot of the forest green thread onto it and used that for my second spool. It totally worked!
This is what happens when the front of A meets the front of C; they don't really match up.
So I just trimmed away that excess.
The facing for the back is flopping around but really, as long as I remember to tuck it in, it's ok.
Somehow I took an really long nap this afternoon. I cut out my next project, a New Look cardigan, and started sewing it. I already ran into a speed bump with the collar, sigh.