Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cupcakes for the Upgrade; Are you going to SPR weekend Chicago?

This weekend we upgraded software package we use for tracking grants. There are four parts to my job; testing for the upgrade is one of them (documentation, training, and running the help desk for the software in question are the others).  The first release took 18 months; the second 7; this one took a little over 3 months.

I like to celebrate our releases with my coworkers, as many of them help me test. Here's how we celebrated yesterday:
cupcake-invite
The "picture" is from microsoft.com's free clipart.   I searched for cupcake, then selected "photo" as the type, and the image above was perfect.  I use a program called Snag-It to do annotated screenshots, and I used it to add the text to the invite.  Very easy.  I use microsoft's photos all the time for the covers of the documentation and for my training slides.  I try to add some humor; the last round I had my "small rodent" series (think squirrels, chipmunks); this time it's tropical islands, beaches, and palm trees.  It's a way for me to use my creative self in my work life.

So anyway, I bought 24 cupcakes from House of Cupcakes.  I wish you could smell them; they smell SO GOOD.
Cupcakes from House of Cupcakes



Cupcakes from House of Cupcakes

I had fun selecting them. Unfortunately, there were 11 left over.  Many are on a diet for new year's resolutions. :(    One of my resolutions is to eat better, but I'm not eliminating a daily treat! 

Hey, SPR weekend is Chicago this year!  Are you going??

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kyle, I live outside Chicago, so I'll be there assuming no job interferes with the schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know that pr weekend was in Chicago. Would love to go,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so delicious!! Too bad you had so many left, I would have had one for sure (maybe 2)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can practically smell those cupcakes. I would have helped you eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm planning to go to Chicago! I hope you're planning to go. It was great meeting you in Philly last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, cupcakes. I wouldn't have said no. I'll be out of the country for PR Weekend, I'm sorry I'll miss it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.