I'm working on KS 3740. It's my first KS pattern. Leslie wore, like, 3 different versions of it in Austin and they all looked fab. Finally, a cowl that doesn't fold into a v, doesn't fall over the shoulders, and isn't too low cut.
I cut a Medium.
At this point Monday night, I could see the shoulders are too big.
SO I cut the shoulders down to a small and then sewed the sleeves in with 5/8 inch seams instead of 1/4 tonight.
I'm not sure...
- I'm still hating the shoulders
- I hate the wrinkles in the sleeves
- I need to let out the hip area a bit (I sewed down the sides like a small but need to make it a medium)
- also there is serious swayback pooling (not pictured); maybe I should put some darts back there or a CB seam...
- also, the way the collar is sewn on (and I read the directions multiple times here but maybe I misinterpreted) the raw edge of the collar attachment can be seen. I'm very tempted to rip out the collar just so the raw edge isn't exposed.
Food! Chicken "ziti" from the Prevention 30 minute chicken dinners booklet:
my Christmas tree
my solar powered Christmas lights:
Be well and good night! (After 10 weeks of light or no ab/pelvic kidney pain, it has returned with a vengeance today. sigh...)