Thanks everyone for your comments on my PR weekend NYC post! I really appreciate everyone who commented to let me know they enjoyed the post. Fellow attendees have been posting their recaps and it's been fun to read what others did too.
Here's what I've been up to since PR weekend. I had 3 blissful days off after PR weekend which I enjoyed SO much.
I made a new apron. I also made cookies from scratch.
The fabric is Melody Miller, Ruby Star Shining for Kokka fabric, purchased at WhipStitch in Atlanta last month. The pattern is my TNT apron pattern, McCalls 7391, circa 1995.
I caution you to be careful with the placement of this fabric, though....you know what I mean...just sayin'.
Twitter is great. I tweeted @whipstitch with a picture of my apron, and @whipstitch tweeted @missletterM, who is the designer Melody Miller herself!
She then replied with "Super cute!". Awwwwwww!
I sewed up some underwear.
patch: 25 cent joann's clearance.
hot pink elastic: daytona from last weekend, PR weekend NYC.
brown knit fabric: jomar from PR weekend Philly. I had made it into a disaster shirt which is now wonderful UW.
Hey, what is the scalloped edge of the elastic on the left side of the picture called? The elastic on the right side is picot for sure. Are they both picot? Different styles of picot? Or does the elastic on the left have its own name? I *need* to know.
Tonight I sewed a pillowcase for an unusual size pillow.
It's Alexander Henry Bird Seed fabric from Stitch Lab Austin circa 2010.
I like it! I piped it with purchased black piping in stash. This was my creative solution to make the pillowcase wide enough, since I had cut up the fabric for something else....
I wanted to make a dress I saw on Kathy's blog, but the pattern range is too big. So, instead I played with my new rolled hem foot for about an hour or so this afternoon. I was inspired to buy one after seeing it on Noile's blog. I think I have the hang of it now for straight hems, which is great because it means I can make a very nice rolled hem for the ruffle on B5638, which I'm planning on starting tmw.
I mean, it's pretty awesome.
I'm so excited!
All my attempts (earliest on top, latest on bottom):
I also put paper over the pattern boxes and labeled with stickers:
I think it looks cleaner and tidier that way.
I also organized my thread better. Navy is in the box on the left and black is in the box on the right, so I can distinguish them better!
Oh, and I've got something brewing with a dressform, but that's next weekend!
CRAFT Flickr Pool Weekly Roundup
1 hour ago