I undid the serging and seam and pressed and stabilized with interfacing and lowered the tension and sewed again and pressed again and serged and for gawd's sake I even starched it and the puckering is *still* there.
Honestly I can't spend anymore time on this dress which I have had to undo and redo every single seam of it 3 times or more.
This dress has made me question why I sew.
But the band isn't so bad and I love that rose:
Here's the pattern envelope:
So my questions are:
- Why is the puckering happening?
- Will it drive me crazy when I wear it?
- Will other people notice the puckering?
- I currently do not own a tailor's ham. Several of you pointed me to Stitch Nerd for cute custom-made hams. What type of ham should I get?
- regular ham?
- contoured ham?
- extra large ham?
- Should I get a seam roll AND the ham stand too?
- Will you join me for the Blue Prints to Blue Jeans class on Pattern Review? The first chat is Oct 29 but if you buy the class now, the lessons are already up!