Wednesday, February 27, 2013

McCall's 5618: making progress

McCall's 6518 in progress (front sewn together & pinned to my dress form)
So tonight I serged the midriff front band and front skirt, then sewed it together...here it is pinned on Izzy.  (New name for my dressform:  Isabella; nickname Izzy).

Next up: sewing the back.
Still to go:
  • cutting out lining.
  • serging lining.
  • sewing lining
  • sewing lining to dress
  • inserting zipper 
  • hem
  • gleeful photoshoot
 I have a crazy idea to start a new blog about cooking my way through Rocco DiSpirito's cookbooks...hmmmm...
Rocco DiSpirito's asparagus with pecorino romano
Monday night I made his asparagus with pecorino romano. Really loved it. YUM!
Be well!

7 comments:

  1. Your dress is looking fantastic. You did such a nice job on the narrow hemming of the ruffles. I love asparagus, so that dish looks very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is really looking special. I'm looking forward to the gleeful pic.
    Your cooking always looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is coming along well; I can not wait to see the finish results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress. The ruffles are so on trend. Can't wait to see the finished dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still think that dress looks amazing!

    And the idea for a blog about cooking your way through Rocco's cookbook is a neat idea! I enjoy seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking amazing. Can't wait to see it on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so pretty! And even though I'm not a super ruffle lover for me, I could see myself wearing that dress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.