Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Aloha from Waikiki Beach

Aloha from Waikiki!
After PR weekend (which was a blast, I will write about it sometime), I flew here, because SF is half way to Hawaii for me, so why not???
Next to my own home, Hawaii is my favorite place on earth.  This is my sixth visit to the islands, so below I will point out some things I did for the first time ever.

Last night's sunset at Waikiki Beach:
sunset at Waikiki Beach 4/30/13
My glasses are falling apart, but this is a great sunset. The brightest I think I've ever seen!
sunset at Waikiki Beach 4/30/13
Portuguese donut (malasada) as recommended by Sunny Gal (my first one):
Leonard's Bakery
They make them to order, so I ate mine hot in the car on a Waikiki side street after getting out of their scary, minuscule parking lot.
The chocolate filled one was the best, but the custard filled was a close second.

I went to Lyon Arboretum (first time). This was the weirdest looking but cool looking piece of vegetation (first time)!
Lyon Arboretum
I hiked Manoa Falls (first time):
Manoa Falls hike 4/30/13
I was a little afraid of falling on the muddy path after reading the trip advisor reviews, but I was slow and careful and only slid a few times, never fell.
So, if it doesn't rain a lot, then there isn't much water to fall at the waterfall, and I swear in real life it looked like more water than this!!
Manoa Falls hike 4/30/13
Manoa Falls hike 4/30/13
Oh and here's Waikiki at night:
Waikiki at night
And the view from my hotel room:
view from my hotel room
More to come...aloha!!!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! Enjoy your time in Oahu, we're headed there in 11 days (not that I'm counting LOL). If you spot any fabric shops, please post here or comment on my blog.

    Thanks a bunch!
    Christiana
    sewamusing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha! That vegetation is so colorful! Very Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I wonder if you'll find some original Hawaiian applique quilts, white backgrounds with another color appliqued on top. They are a treasure. Have a fabulous time. Oh, and of course, you must get a grass skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, cool vegetation...have a great time and please say hi to Shannon for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your view is awesome! It looks like your week is going beautifully. Aloha from Maui! I am so looking forward to meeting you in a couple of days :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.