Sunday, December 21, 2014

Cookie Break for Winter Solstice

20141221_184710
Here, have a cookie.

Is everyone enjoying the winter solstice?
20141221_183238
Today I baked about 200 cookies.   I'm keeping about 50 for myself (heh heh) and giving the rest away as tokens of appreciation.

It's kind of wild that mixing all of this...
20141221_110006

Creates this...
20141221_172020

I really am appreciative that I will be on vacation the week between Christmas and New Years, for the first time since 1998.  That is very exciting.

And yet, I wish I was off this week too.  2 weeks in a row, at the holidays.  Hmmmm....Well, you know what they say, "When you give a mouse a cookie..."

Ba-dump ump.


I haven't been in the sewing room for any weekend in December....until tonight when I started a tank for the gym.  I also rediscovered a cardigan that I sewed in March and never blogged.  I might it tmw night.   I need to plan the Christmas menu as well.



20141221_211512
Lacy overlay for the gym tank.

I don't know why I'm pretending like I don't have to go to work tmw.  I do!
Be well!!

6 comments:

  1. Handmade cookie gifts are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love homemade cookies!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm taking the entire week and a half off between Christmas and the Monday after New Year's (as PTO), not traveling anywhere, and not having any visitors. I can't remember the last time that I was so excited about taking a chunk of time off! Really hoping to finally finish the coat that I've been chipping away at for the past month while I'm off. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! If you give a mouse a cookie :-)

    enjoy your time off!!! Hopefully you get to sew a ton!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, loved having the week in between off - it was a no stress week. But I often wished I could have the week BEFORE Christmas off, as there was always so much to do. Now that I'm retired, I have them all off! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look delicious! And how nicely packaged for gifting! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.