Friday, February 27, 2015

S9776 tank + Jalie 3025 skirt + Jalie 2796 compression shorts done

S9776 tank + Jalie 3025 skirt + Jalie 2796 shorts

I want to say a big thank you to the 38 of you who voted for me for the PR Activewear contest--I really appreciate your vote and support!  I came in 8th out of 65 who completed their entries.  The top 6 made jackets with zippers which is something I haven't attempted in a long, long time.

Meanwhile, I finished up my next activewear outfit....
Simplicity 9776 tank + Jalie 3025 skirt view A skirt (modified) + Jalie 2796 compression shorts

S9776 tank + Jalie 3025 skirt + Jalie 2796 shorts

S9776 tank + Jalie 3025 skirt + Jalie 2796 shorts
The skirt is meant for ice skating, so it has a very flouncy feel.

I will make my next pair of shorts shorter as they do peek out from under my skirt unless I hike them up a bit.

S9776 tank + Jalie 3025 skirt + Jalie 2796 shorts
I did not attach the shorts to the skirt as they are from two different patterns and meant to sit on two different places on the body.  But by not sewing them together, it gives me more mix and match options, with the caveat that I must remember to pack both a skirt and shorts for class!

S9776 tank with Jalie 3025 skating skirt view A
The shorts just have FOE at the top and are hemmed with my stretch twin needle.

S9776 tank + Jalie 3025 skirt + Jalie 2796 shorts
I love this lace fabric SO SO SO much...you will see it again....
Deets on all the fabrics for this outfit are in this other post.


S9776 tank + Jalie 3025 skirt + Jalie 2796 shorts
I added 5" to the bottom of the skirt--I might add another inch next time as it is kind of short.
S9776 tank with Jalie 3025 skating skirt view A
The skirt raw edge not hemmed but it is serged.

S9776 tank + Jalie 3025 skirt + Jalie 2796 shorts
I did not attach the yoke to the skirt.  Instead I used FOE on the top of my skirt.  Originally I just serged it but did not apply the FOE but the skirt really needs elastic to stay level during class, as I found out during Monday's class when after a bunch of squats I could see the back of my skirt from the front.

By Thursday's class I applied the FOE and it was fine!  One of my classmates who I don't know told me that my skirt is "so cute" and that it would be great for a coverup at the beach.

S9776 tank + Jalie 3025 skirt + Jalie 2796 shorts

I don't know about you darlings but I have been feeling really tired and sort of burned out by many aspects of my life.  I feel like my body and brain needs a break, a reboot, something....

Be well!

16 comments:

  1. Love your style Kyle. I'm really pleased you're making your own fabulous activewear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks velosewer! You are the Queen of Activewear!

      Delete
  2. Such stylish workout wear! Maybe a little change of scenery would help -- a day trip to NYC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A day trip to NYC would be great! That is a great suggestion!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for all the work you did on your entry - it motivated me to get some more Jalie patterns and make more workout wear. Anything to make the gym more fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's exciting for me to hear that it motivated you to get Jalie patterns and make more workout wear!!! For me the right gym combo was:
      Finding the right classes + finding the right instructor + finding the days/times that work with my schedule. Having fun gear helps too!

      Delete
  4. I loved your ensemble and the photos you took for the contest. It's a great outfit. I hope you get to do some twirls in that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyndle! I loved your entry. I really thought you were going to finish first or second!

      Delete
  5. You need some non-snow, spring is in the air time. Come visit.
    I'm so happy you came in 8th. Obviously your outfit works for you.
    Good job on staying active.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should have gone to Puyallup this year???

      Unless I'm overly tired, exercise makes me feel better.

      Delete
  6. Nice top. I can't believe that you needed 5" on that skirt, man is must have been cheeky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of those super-short skating skirts. But I didn't use the yoke either. Using the yoke would have made a difference. I might use the yoke on the next one I make, though the goal was really about reducing bulk there.

      Delete
  7. Super cute workout wear. You've inspired me to get moving this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guess you don't think about who you inspire when you see the things you like and need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sew not see. My computer is giving me trouble and cut me off. Love your active wear! It make me want to get get moving.

      Delete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.