Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Masters Jacket


I just won the Masters! Can't you tell? Tiger, are you proud of me?

I spent 8 hours last Saturday on this jacket, my first lined jacket ever. I had another low-thread moment, this time with green thread. I think I would have done a lot more topstitching but it was another squeaker as far as thread was concerned...of course I didn't realize it until I had to wind the bobbin a good 2/3 of the way through...

I adore the lining. Can't you tell? I really struggled with which lining to use. And quite frankly, that lining almost became my Sense and Sensibility chemise last week! I had the fabric out with the green fabric and together they really "clicked". But I had planned on using a brown rayon with sort of lime green flowers instead. I'm so glad I used this lining. Also loved the use of bias tape to finish off the interior facing. I'm definitely going to use that technique on the inside of the brown jacket I made a few weeks back. I adore that jacket. I wear it to work 2-3 times a week. It is by far my favorite and most worn item of clothing I've ever made (well, besides my beloved sleep tunics!)Of course, this green jacket has been Sewing Pattern Reviewed.

2 comments:

  1. Such a great jacket! I am inspired to make one of my own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a spectacular jacket. And it looks like it was super complicated.

    Thanks for inviting me to see your blog... lots of sewing projects. And I like your water bottle challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.