Sunday, June 5, 2011

Blah blah blah and underwear. Oh, and food for Gwen.

So after the Muse dress I felt like I should whip up another dress real quick...yeah right. I needed a break. I wanted to make a super quick skirt, using this fabric and this WIDE elastic:

potential next project

I decided to muslin it first. I naively thought that I could just cut a big rectangle o' fabric out, and sew it to the bottom of the elastic, while stretching the elastic out, easy peasy done done done.

SO here's my muslin (and my out-of-the-closet fabric stash):
the out of the closet stash; disaster skirt muslin

It looks amazing on Emma. HORRIBLE on me. So horrible that I'm not showing you pix, and I've shown you pix of some pretty horrible things on me. HORRIBLE.  There's no need for THAT to be floating around the interwebs.

So I whipped up some underwear instead (elastic from sewsassy.com, tutorial from Antoinette, applique from Vogue Fabrics PR Weekend Chicago; fabric NOT from Vogue Fabrics):
pineapple underwear

Yes! That is a sequined pineapple.  Aloha!

I took care to make sure the striped lined up on the sides, but sadly cut the crotch section askew.
pineapple underwear

Whatever, only you and me will know that.

Farmer's market flowers from this week (larkspur, which I haven't seen in AGES).  They are thirsty so be sure to keep filling up the vase.
Larkspur from the Princeton Farmer's Market

Roses from my neighbor; I got these in exchange for my mint.
roses from my neighbor's climbing rose bush

Here's my poor rose bush that came with the house; black spot hits it pretty hard each year but right now it's blooming:
my white rose bush  6/5/11

Rose A:
Rose A

Rose B:
Rose B

Rose A and B cut separately:
Cut rose A and rose B, separately

Rose A and B together:
Cut rose A and rose B, together
That blue vase is from my mom. It's a childhood favorite of mine.

Library books...4 is too many; one is overdue. That "Myth of Stress" one is AMAZING. It takes a key concept from "Change Your Brain, Change Your Body" and expands it to a whole book. If there is something in your life that you feel should or shouldn't be happening now, but isn't, this will get you to understand why. Really, really amazing.  Sleeping seal print from OneBreathPhoto on Oahu keeps watch over me while I sleep.
library books 6/5/11

And Gwen, I cooked two dishes on Saturday. I'm going to do the slow reveal and only post one of them today. It's a lemon chicken orzo soup from The Food You Crave by Ellie Kreiger.  I didn't put the eggs in it; it just seemed weird to me to put eggs in a soup?  So I didn't do that.   I love it when a recipe calls for fresh lemon juice  because I can use my lemon squeezer.  So. Much. Fun!
Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup from The Food You Crave


Be well. Good night!

2 comments:

  1. I love Ellie Krieger's cooking show and I've been meaning to look for a cookbook by her... Cute underwear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little pineapple! I made a skirt with the wide elastic recently -- mine was OK but not much to write home (or blog) about. That soup looks great! Back in the day, I used to love lemon chicken!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.