Oh yes. It is DONE baby. Done.
I even signed it with embroidery floss, and dated.
I actually vacuumed the house in the dress this morning. I decided for a mid-morning photo shoot so there would be some good light and no shadows.
Well, here's a photo from yesterday with shadows, that shows how bad the back is. I think I can live with it, but just barely.
I think I took too much of a swayback tuck. Hmmm...
Anyway, here are more pix....
Some are from this morning, so no shadows...some are from yesterday afternoon, so with shadows.
Love the ruffles
Here's the ruffle underbelly, so you can see what's going on:
So what I did was use the rolled hem foot to hem the outer edge, and serged the inner edge. I applied fray check to the serged edge, then clipped so I could sew the ruffle on to the dress in a reverse curve. So I hope that the serging and fray chekcing keeps everything nice and neat under there.
Back on Izzy:
Side on Izzy:
Front on Izzy:
So, first time items with this dress:
- first time making 2 zippered muslins for one dress (the back definitely could have undergone more refinement)
- first time using big sheets of wax tracing paper
- first time using a double tracing wheel
- first time to use a rolled hem foot to hem a curved edge
- first time to ever blind hem
Thanks for seeing me through til the end! Now back to my sewaholic muslins (renfrew and thurlow). With maybe a little gingham pajama top action thrown in.