Thursday, May 21, 2015

Back in the saddle: Jalie 3246 in teal sweater knit

20150518_135551
I finally sewed again on May 17.  The last time I sewed was on April 21, so it was great to be back at the machine again!!

It was mid-80's this past Sunday and steamy in my sewing room, so why not sew up a sweater knit shrug?
20150518_135703

I knew it was going to cool down this week, and ever since I made the Vogue 1351 dress last fall I wanted a matching cardigan / shrug / sweater.
20150518_135829
After loving Jalie 3246, and wearing it almost every day, I decided it was a great way to get back in the saddle again.

It's perfect for when you need to add sleeves to an outfit
20150518_135918
"Just add sleeves!"
20150518_135619
Sleeves completely down


20150517_152242
This time I added a ribbon so I can hang the shrug in my gym locker...and also to serve as a second visual cue to wear it right side up! (Yes, the collar is much wider than the back band, but I have worn the gray one upside down, uhmmmmmm....)

Dressform pix:
20150517_152042

20150517_152007

The only thing I forgot to mention the last time I sewed this up is that it was the first Jalie pattern I traced where the lines were in color!
20150421_151531
That's the shawl collar piece above.  The color coding made a BIG difference as far as ease of tracing.  Thanks Jalie for that HUGE improvement!

There's a three day weekend coming up for those of us in the US, and I plan to hit the sewing machine again....how about you, wherever you are?

Be well!!!!

17 comments:

  1. Really love the color - great job . Where did you get your knit ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that color too. The fabric is from Metro Textiles (Kashi) in NYC back at the end of Sept. When I returned in early Nov to buy more, he had just sold out of it that week. :(

      Delete
    2. Thanks I'm hoping to fit some shopping into this NYC trip😍😍 but main purpose is to see son,DIL & DGD . Metro has been on my list to try tho so hopefully can squeeze in some time there . Any other recommendations ?

      Delete
    3. Does Metro sell to individuals ? Their site says they are a wholesale fabric store ? Thanks - had only an hour yesterday . Found a new trimming shop Lauren Trimmings on 37th - very very very nice people !!! They've only been open 2 weeks .

      Delete
    4. Yes, Metro definitely sells to individuals! Kashi is the name of the owner. He and his store are a lot of fun!

      I will have to check out Lauren Trimmings the next time I'm in NYC!

      Delete
  2. I am more tickled than I should be at you wearing it upside down! :-p

    It is very, very pretty. It fits perfectly, and totally looks like one piece when worn with the dress. Love it!

    I've got and interview on Tuesday so I'll be sewing up a storm to finish my jacket and make a skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wore it upside down for a portion of PR weekend and was photographed a few times that way.

      Thanks for your kind words about the aqua shrug!

      Good luck with your sewing and your interview!

      Delete
  3. The shrug is perfect for your dress. Love that color! I plan to tweak some garments I made recently and do some alterations for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomasa! I love that color too.
      Enjoy the tweaking and the alterations!

      Delete
  4. Hi there. It's been a while since I've sewn. So I am really looking forward to this weekend. I love the shrug with the dress. It is a complete outfit that looks great on you. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela! Thanks for the kind words about loving my blog. That is really nice to hear! Enjoy your sewing this weekend!

      Delete
  5. Kyle, that's such a great little cardi. It really looks great with the dress (like a whole other dress) and so practical. I had one of these my sister bought me and it was so used. So funny you wore it the wrong way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was quite funny wearing it the wrong way! Shrugs are great! Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  6. As I tweeted, you've totally made me rethink the shrug. I think I've hated it before because I've only ever seen ones that tie in the front, adding voluminous poofery to one's bust and the added annoyance of having to fiddle with the tie. But THIS one looks like those amazing vintage patterns for bolero jackets that top of dresses in that oh so elegant way with the amazing fit and fall off a log simplicity of knit fabric. You make it so hard for me not to totally love you Jalie Patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I love Jalie sleeves, nice and form fitting. And yes, no ties or anything like that, no closures of any kind. Just put it on and wear it!

      Delete
  7. Great outfit! The color is gorgeous on you, and I like the pink belt too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.