My most editorial photo ever, at the Hedgehog and the Fox outdoor sculpture at Princeton.
I've known about Me-May-Made for a few years now, but have never taken part for various reasons (lack of self-made clothing to carry me through an entire month, lack of time/interest, etc). I've always felt that May would be the month to do the challenge because I make mainly warmer-weather clothing, as opposed to September when the descent into cold weather starts in NJ.
On May 1 this year, I realized that I happened to be wearing something I made and I happened to be lunching with someone who wouldn't mind taking my picture, and that I happened to have a minute to tweet it and hashtag it with #mmmay15.
Then it kind of went from there.
So here are 8 pictures from Days 1-12.
There were skirts from the same pattern:
I love my New Look 6843 skirts. I'm also wearing the Jalie 3246 shrug on day 1.
And also dresses from many patterns:
And this dress with the scalloped collar and self covered buttons that was the #SimplicityTweetoftheDay
I have still not vowed anything regarding Me-May-Made 2015. I've been wearing at least something Me-Made on the weekends, but not taking pictures. The documentation process has been weekdays thus far.
- This made me dig deep into my closet and re-examine why I'm not wearing certain dresses
- I love that there is a garment from each year spanning 2010-2015 as well as an outlier from 2007.
- I enjoy looking at the #mmmay15 tweets on Twitter. I'm still not on Instagram but it appears that's the place to be, as most tweets about #mmmay15 are from Instagram.
- It's really hard to take a decent photo in bright sunlight without shadows.
- Flickr does not provide any mechanism for producing photo collages which is disappointing but I have added that suggestion to their suggestion page.
- I've had 5 different photographers (including myself) for these 8 photos and it is always interesting to hear the others opinions!
- The folks @sewsimplicity are enthusiastic re-tweeters. I've gotten new Twitter followers because of that. Thanks! Love that enthusiasm!
In other news I had to take a day off today. It is gloriously, delightfully beautiful from my current location, writing this in my backyard. Yay Spring!
So are you doing #mmmay15?