Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hilarity

So, "Power Posture for Women" was getting kind of boring (sorry, author!), so I've moved on to "Healing Back Pain Naturally: The mind-body program proven to work" by Art Brownstein. This book, published in 1999, 17 years after "Mind Over Back Pain" by John Sarno, is very similar to Sarno's book. I'm three chapters in and the central philosophy of the book is your emotional issues are causing your physical back pain by creating muscular tension, just like Sarno's book. I wonder if these two have ever met in real life?

Anyway, this book discusses the value of humor in the recovery process. So..how many times a day do you laugh? Uproariously laugh? What books/movies/tv shows are incredibly funny to you??

He also talks about embracing the pain. Having pain means you are alive and the pain can go away! The pain is your teacher and your guide! Listen to your body and it will tell you what to do!

and he devotes the first chapter to telling his back pain story. It made me wince. He abused his spine, had 2 discs removed, and abused his spine some more!

Oh, and he lives on Kauai (or at least he did in 1999)! Lucky him!!

I think my body is telling me I need to go to bed earlier. Good night!
p.s. I'm having a full body massage tomorrow after work. I can't wait!
And...it feels like the middle of summer. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.