Sunday, April 25, 2010

Simplicity 8331 bag DONE & Have you seen this fabric?

Meet Sharp, my scissors bag:
Simplicity 8331 view D

It's loosely based on Simplicity 8331 view D.

Simplicity 8331 view D

Cute, no?
Simplicity 8331 view D

The bag stands up on its own because the lining is canvas. The handles have heavy weight craft interfacing in them.

The pattern calls for putting plastic needlepoint canvas in the bottom of the bag, but the canvas lining seems to support itself.

It's also supposed to have a flap, but I only had a half yard of this fabric--so no flap. I had to sew two scraps together to make the interior pocket. I didn't tuck the sides and I didn't topstitch the edges to make a rectangle.

I added the piping because it's one of my very favorite details ever.

Finished size is 11x8x6.

Simplicity 8331 view D

It took me like 5 hours to make this bag. I don't know why. I thought this would be a lot faster.
The Scissors fabric was purchased at Stitch Lab in Austin.

Ok, have you seen this fabric, in blue? If yes, where can I buy it??
Hawaii and test tubes

Thanks!
Good night!

3 comments:

  1. cripes that canvas really does have good hold! Gorgeous bag, very funky both the fabric and the trim.
    Hope you two have lots of fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun bag! Nice job! I have a Hawaiian shirt that Penley gave me to re-do, but I haven't gotten to it yet. Not sure if you are asking for the real deal Hawaiian fabric, and how much, but thought I would mention....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you can the fabric; Shadow Hibiscus Blue, at myriahsbazaar.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.