Now time for some of your questions, answered!
Gwen wanted to know "where's the food"...there you go! I cooked tonight, after dinner. Those are in-progress shots, simmering away...minestrone and corn chowder. Antoinette, when you were here, I forgot to add the pearl barley. Oops! I haven't experimented with new-to-me recipes for a while. It's time to do that again soon. I'm stuck in a cooking rut.
TracyKM wanted to know about swayback puddling. I don't know how to determine this without doing a muslin first, but it involves figuring out how much of a tuck needs to be taken, then transferring that tuck (just fold the pattern over) from the CB waist or slightly above it eventually folding to nothing at the side seam (that way the length of the dress at the side seam doesn't change). It's essentially what I did in my black Burda dress, only I fixed it on the fly by adding the horizontal seam at the waist and taking out the 1" tuck via the seam there. Also, like Jodie said, adding a CB seam and shaping that can help too.
The Slapdash Seamstress stated that it's hard to find good quality knits at Joann's. I *adore* their $12.99 ponte roma knit--it feels "yummy". But they also sometimes have good knits that aren't the ponte roma.
Hrm, it felt like you guys asked more questions, but I guess not!
- still no bloodwork results from 7/29
- got the authorization code--my brain MRI with contrast to rule out MS is Thurs morning.
- my pelvic ultrasound is Monday afternoon.
- I'm still feeling weird/slightly numb/lightheaded on and off. I don't know what that's all about but I'm hoping the tests will figure it out or this just goes away on its own
- I'm feeling burned out from managing my health. :(
Be well and good night!!