Saturday, March 24, 2012

argyle concept dress part 3: sleeves or no?

I think my last post garnered the most comments I have ever received for a posting on this blog (28).

Thanks for speaking up and casting your vote. I will do the official tally with my next post, but early exit polls show that "with collar" had a strong initial lead, with "collarless" picking up steam as the week progressed.  However, it's projected that the collar option is the winner at the polls.

I decided to NOT do a collar though.  I'm thinking I will pipe the neckline. With piping I make myself.  Which I've never done before.  Ha ha ha ha ha!

New poll question:  Should I attach sleeves or leave it sleeveless?

If yes to sleeves, the elbow-ish length ones or shorter sleeve ones?
(the sleeves are just pinned in these pix)

argyle concept dress:  sleeves?
Hrm.
argyle concept dress:  sleeves?
Or sleeveless (I would pipe the armholes then too)
dress concept
I'm curious to hear what y'all think!
Oh, and here's my new red shiny convertible  toaster.
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful
Be well!

9 comments:

  1. Short. Unless you aren't planning to wear this until next winter, in which case I vote for elbow length. Sleeveless looks adorable too -- your arms are good. Were mine still presentable I'd go sleeveless all the time, but I am now of an age that no one needs to see that! No collar, no sleeves suits you. Love those colors on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sleeveless option, but short is nice too. I don't like the elbow length because it ends right where the argyle bodice does, which just looks a little funny to me.

    This dress is going to be soo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elbow sleeves definitely a no-no (if you look at the photos you'll see that the ends of the sleeves end in exactly the wrong place. You end up looking as wide as your elbows instead of your slim self.)

    Do you have enough left of the argyle to make short sleeves from that fabric, rather than the plain brown? If not, I'll vote for sleeveless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote sleeveless as well - unless argyle sleeves are an option - then I might change my vote. g

    ReplyDelete
  5. I go for shorter sleeve with no collar. I think it balances the argyle pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.