Oh, the StyleArc shirt that I pinned together in the last post--I sewed it Thursday night and it was a bust. That'll be for another post.
I have this theory, or perhaps it's more of a superstition, about fabric, that once I make a wadder out of a particular piece of fabric, that fabric is doomed--anything else I try to make from it will also be a wadder.
I really hope that's not the case with this fabric. Here's a new attempt at using this fabric.
So on Friday morning I had the idea to make a vest out of the argyle Mood fabric.
This morning I cut out the vest, held it up to me, and thought, hrm....dress??? But a whole dress out of argyle would be a bit much...and I don't have enough of the fabric anyway to make a dress now that I've cut it...so I google image searched "argyle dress" and from some of the pix, came up with this idea:
Right now it's basted together in a "I must know now before my head hits the pillow if this is going to work or not..."
I can see where it needs tweaking, and I think I have some solutions. So I'm thinking, tmw morning I will rip it apart and properly sew it, fixing the little problems as I go....
It's not quite a frankenpattern--it's not combining two patterns--it's more like a mutant of one pattern. It's NewLook 6071, but the upper front and top of the upper skirt are morphed to what you see here.
I really hope it works out.
Be well and good night!