Just in time for the unofficial end of summer, New Look 6968 is finally DONE!
It was a struggle!!! This is my fourth, and final post about it.
I was first inspired to make the dress based on Kristy's version of it. Her post has pix of how cleverly the collar is constructed.
But I had a hard time fitting the bodice and wound up doing princess-type seams.
I had thought by now I would have made about 5 dresses but I only made 2 this summer (plus 3 skirts and 1 shirt).
I made view C, with the scarf collar but without sleeves (Well, note that on the pattern envelope, the model is labeled as wearing view C but that is actually view D).
Look at all those serged seams! Some serged better than others...
The back collar:
The front collar. You can control the length of the scarf by wrapping it either looser or tighter through the hole. (it wraps around twice)
The back on my dressform:
The front on my dressform:
It's not the best dress I've ever made, and there's some funkiness in the back when it's on me, but it is DONE and now I can move on.
McCalls 6518 is next on my radar!!!
I took Thurs and Fri off from work, so no Princeton Farmers Market flower pix this week, but here is one of my mini-pumpkins!
This happened on Thurs, sigh. Not a great start to my 5 day weekend. My first car accident. It wasn't my fault. :(
Sewing Machine Feet:: The All-Purpose Foot
1 hour ago