Thank you for your comments on my last post, B4789 Part 1: fixing the too-wide neckline and too-deep V. I'm happy to know that the pictures of the pattern adjustments helped.
Now it's on to the swayback tuck and how I performed this little bit of magic.
So there was the tell-tale pooling above the derriere on my muslin, and the way I "fixed it" on my muslin was to cut a horizontal center seam on the back and sew up the excess.
But I didn't like the way that the underbust-line and the swayback tuck line did not meet on the side seam.
If I had mad pattern adjusting skills, I would have somehow taken the tuck out of the pattern but it was quite a lot to take out and I didn't know how to do it. Even my 1960's sewing book said more than (hrm, it might have been half an inch) and other adjustments would have to be done.
So instead, I binder clipped that puppy, and instead of clipping straight across, I "curved" it upward to meet the underbust seam.
I tried it on and it looked much better than without the clipping.
On the inside I chalked off the horizontal line (and I drew it all the way across). That is the amt that needed to be taken out.
I then pinned it to meet the underbust seam.
I then sewed it up.
So this is how it looks on me:
I think there is a little more that could be taken out, but it is MUCH better. I also think some of that might just be shadowing from me not cutting the excess off.
And here it is on Izzy:
And all is right with the world.
Next post: How I took care of the "holes" in the front of the dress, and the hem. Oh, and how I cut it out too.
Jennifer’s NDAD Creation
9 minutes ago