Saturday, September 7, 2013

Simplicity 1609 in progress: Peter Pan this

Simplicity 1609, view A.  It is Peter Pan-licious, with a scalloped twist.

Simplicity 1609 in progress: just needs hem
It just needs a hem. and maybe some tweaking. But mostly a hem.
Simplicity 1609 in progress: just needs hem
I wish I could say it was a Jiffy for me (as the pattern is a reissue of a 1960's Jiffy) but it was not.  I have put a LOT of hours into this dress and made many mistakes (and that's even with a muslin) but I think this dress is going to have a happy ending!

I got to use my brand new June Tailor Pressing Board for the first time!
Simplicity 1609 in progress
Specifically for pressing open the collar seams.
First it looks like this:
Simplicity 1609 in progress
Then you press the seam open and it looks like this:
Simplicity 1609 in progress
Very awesome tool.
Simplicity 1609 in progress
Princeton Farmers Market flowers for this week:
Princeton Farmers Market flowers this week
Lisianthus.  They kind of look like roses, but they're not.
Be well!!!

5 comments:

  1. ooh I love a peter pan collar, even better with scallops! Can't wait to see your final product - see you do achieve lots of sewing too (you should count your muslins in your yearly tally)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant dress! I actually normally dislike peter pan collars (scarred by my childhood school uniform experience), but this is lovely and chic! Very Jackie O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable -- and worth all the effort you put in! I love the scallops on the collar. So chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dress, the peter pan collar and scallops, just fab-u-lous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress looks lovely! and you have a new sewing toy...errr tool! :)

    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.