Friday, June 26, 2009

Ruffled excitement

I violated my "no sewing after work rule". But I had sort of taken a nap, so it turned out just fine. :) There's been a lot of rain here lately...so the thunder kept me from really falling asleep.

I had cut out Simplicity 2599 view E, minus the bow, plus sleeves from view A/B last weekend, but didn't get a chance to sew it. Until tonight. It took about 2 hours and 10 minutes to sew (and it felt last week like it took that long to cut it out...) It's in a brown double knit instead of a woven. I really wish I had used the gray double knit instead.

Simplicity 2599 view E minus bow plus sleeves

Here's a closeup of the ruffle which was way easier to make than I anticipated.
whole shirt Simplicity 2599 view E minus bow plus sleeves

Adorable, huh? I'm not much of a bow person so I left it off. I was afraid it might look too much like a clown collar, but instead I think it looks very Ann Taylor.

I'm trying to decide, should I make view C or view D next?? It will definitely be in gray double knit. I might go for full-on jabot madness with view C.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great in brown. Go as over-the-top as you can! I vote C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to ruffle something! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh! I love the ruffle! It looks very fancy, and love the chocolate brown color too; it's one of my fave colors. Loved the pink blouse with ties in the back you were wearing at the airport, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.