Friday, June 26, 2009

Ruffled excitement

I violated my "no sewing after work rule". But I had sort of taken a nap, so it turned out just fine. :) There's been a lot of rain here lately...so the thunder kept me from really falling asleep.

I had cut out Simplicity 2599 view E, minus the bow, plus sleeves from view A/B last weekend, but didn't get a chance to sew it. Until tonight. It took about 2 hours and 10 minutes to sew (and it felt last week like it took that long to cut it out...) It's in a brown double knit instead of a woven. I really wish I had used the gray double knit instead.

Simplicity 2599 view E minus bow plus sleeves

Here's a closeup of the ruffle which was way easier to make than I anticipated.
whole shirt Simplicity 2599 view E minus bow plus sleeves

Adorable, huh? I'm not much of a bow person so I left it off. I was afraid it might look too much like a clown collar, but instead I think it looks very Ann Taylor.

I'm trying to decide, should I make view C or view D next?? It will definitely be in gray double knit. I might go for full-on jabot madness with view C.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great in brown. Go as over-the-top as you can! I vote C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to ruffle something! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh! I love the ruffle! It looks very fancy, and love the chocolate brown color too; it's one of my fave colors. Loved the pink blouse with ties in the back you were wearing at the airport, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I'd love to hear from you!