Saturday, October 30, 2010

Birthday wrap up, cards, & elastic

happy birthday to me!

Awww...you were all too polite to guess how old I am. Now you know! My classmates at the gym guessed 23, 25, and 26. So that was pretty uplifting!

Thank you for all of your comments and encouragement about my jacket. I will probably write the SPR in the next week or two, though for this project I have a lot to say, and writing the SPR is a lot like writing a lab report for a project like this. I wore the jacket to work and had lots of nice comments on it. I even showed off the interior pocket to those who were interested. (the picture was taken before I added the running stitches).
Simplicity 3628 day 5: almost done


I received lots of nice cards--you guys really "get" my love of cupcakes, cats, small animals, flowers, Hawaii, and glitter!
birthday cards

Pete made a fantastic pop-up card from scratch. If you are a long time reader of this blog, you may remember all the wedding plans and the fantastic Hawaiian invitations and the Elvis sign for the card box Pete made and the Hawaiian placecards with our wedding logo. I never blogged this, but in January I decided not to get married and we broke up. He's still my best friend, and we still talk on the phone (he's back in England.) Anyway, I am happy we are still friends. And his card is phenomenal!

Pete's handmade birthday card!

Here are the Farmer's Market flowers for this week, though I had to buy them from a different farmer since my favorite farmer didn't come back this week. The white flowers are eustoma, I love how they look like roses. The pumpkin is one my mom bought for me, already painted.

farmer's mkt flowers; pumpkin

I'm not sure what my next sewing project will be, probably something simple like undies. I placed an order with SewSassy and it arrived yesterday. I'm in elastic heaven! This is what $32 of lingerie elastic looks like (including shipping), er, actually that's not even all of it!

lingerie elastic from sew sassy

I bought the multi pack of 5 yards each of their basic lingerie elastic in 10 colors, plus zebra striped foldover elastic and turquoise stretchy lace elastic. After my jacket, which was probably a 20 hour effort, I think a quick pair of underwear is just the thing to make. I'm also interested in making a simple knit shirt for work, but I want a long sleeved one that is fitted, without gathers and without a v-neck or wide neckline. Any suggestions??

Good night!

6 comments:

  1. aw I'm so sorry to hear things didn't work out - I did notice there was nothing about Pete and guessed what had happened but thought I'd mind my own business. I admire your discretion in keeping the details private, very respectful.

    best wishes for a happy, friendship filled year.

    MAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a happy birthday week.
    A couple of patterns for knit tops - Kwik Sew 3790, Jalie 2911, V8671, V8616
    Sorry to hear about the break-up but lovely you can still be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rawr on that zebra FOE! I had no idea such a thing existed! Don't have a knit pattern to suggest... I've been on such an improv/ DIY kick that I suggest tracing off an existing tee and sewing up a new one. Plans for Halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday! All that elastic will be fun to use up. Love the zebra foe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday!! Your jacket looks fabulous! Glad you were able to finish it on time for your birthday and looks like you had an awesoem day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fantastic birthday! I only have the black picot elastic from Sew Sassy, but I love it. I used it as neckline trim on the dress I'm wearing today...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.