Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Simplicity 3628 day 5: brown buttons won!

Simplicity 3628 day 5: almost done
By a vote of 5 to 1, the brown buttons won on the birthday jacket! (Sue, I agree, I wanted matching buttons too but Joann's didn't have any and I didn't think about covered buttons til later on. I'm trying to stay out of Joann's for a while so I went through my button stash and came up with these. :) )

Simplicity 3628 day 5: almost done

So it can officially be worn now!
Simplicity 3628 day 5: almost done

Here it is on Emma; she's much smaller than I am, but you can see some flaws (you can see them in the second picture of this post, too):
Simplicity 3628 day 5: almost done

Gosh, that hem. it's bad. But I'm going to wear it to work on Friday! I have 4 more jackets I want to make this winter, so I better figure out the jacket hemming technique sometime soon. Though it did take me about 4 years to figure out dressmaking and knits, maybe it will take 4+ to figure out jackets!
Simplicity 3628 day 5: almost done

These are some scraps that I sewed together for buttonhole testing.
Simplicity 3628 day 5: almost done
I also did a bit of running stitch testing. So tmw night is the running stitch extravaganza, and then I'll be done!

Phew!

While I was taking pictures I was sweating. It's been so warm this week--I *love* the warmth! It's like an extra special present! And on my birthday it will turn cold again so my jacket will be perfect.

Thank you to RiAnge Creations for sending me Simplicity 2766--thank you so much! and thank you for your kind note!

Tonight at the gym the birthday celebration continued with a special birthday toning class for me. This led to a classmate asking how old I am, and I made her guess. Do you want to guess?? I'll let you know on Friday!

Good night!

7 comments:

  1. The brown buttons look great, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jacket is lovely, the collar looks fantastic and it's very flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomeness! Great fit, color and style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try steaming the hem from the wrong side, I usually have to do that with fabrics. You want to shrink the excess material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also I didn't see any other flaws.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A-DOR-able!!! Great fit and that color is smashing on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.