Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mike is home and other good things

Mike is my friend's husband. He's a Navy doctor who was deployed to Afghanistan for more than a year, and he's finally home (Guam) with Gemma and their two children. Mike and Gemma are both amazing people, him for serving, and Gemma for raising their toddler and newborn without his physical presence for over a year. Mike's blog Through the Sand inspired me, gave me chills, and made me laugh and cry. Mike, thank you for serving our country. I am one of many who are so happy that you are finally home!!

Other good news:
  • Pete's going to stay for an extra week (now til Sept 20)
  • My acupuncturist said my muscles were a little tight but not too bad last night
  • My chiropractor said tonight that I have shown a lot of improvement since my last visit to him 3 weeks ago and that I'm a lot better and I only need to see him once before he travels again (so I'm seeing him in 2 weeks).
  • My back *and* knees are feeling better than they have in a long, long time.
  • We printed sample invites (as regular pix) and put them in a vellum envelope and they look amazing.
  • Pete drew the other Hawaiian islands for our table name cards.
  • Didn't Michelle Obama's outfit tonight look fantastic? Love her sense of style.
I will have to blog about the knee and back books I've been reading, but that will have to wait for another post.

2 comments:

  1. Nice that your friend's husband is home. :) And an extra week of Kyle + Pete! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kyle, thank you so much for following me throughout my journey. Your thoughts and prayers were very appreciated! - mike

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.