Monday, August 25, 2008

Dodging a (water bottle) bullet

Went to a friends wedding this weekend. Somehow managed to avoid the ultra cute mini-water bottles that were next to the watermelon that was carved into the shape of a wedding couple (seriously!). Last night my parents and I ate out and when I asked for a cup of water, it was a styrofoam cup. Ugh. It's so disappointing and I really don't know what to do in that situation. I think in that case, it's better to ask for bottled water because it will actually be recycled instead of sitting in a landfill. I noticed the plastic cups at Panera are a 1! That is awesome, I can recycle them. Overall, so far, so good for August! Unfortunately we're coming down to the end of summer, sigh.

Seems weird that the Olympics aren't on tv anymore. It sort of became a staple of my night to listen to Bob Costas yammer on.

Oh, and my bottle count isn't right. I realized that I had a bottle of water from that very same restaurant back in July. So it's actually 21. Blackjack!

1 comment:

  1. ok I didn't get the article, what's with this bottle thing. I guess I need to read previous blogs as well to have understanding of this one

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.