Deepika took this picture of me explaining my neoprene binary backpack during the Accessories Contest
Stephanie embodies the spirit of PR weekend!
Here are some personal and/or random notes from the weekend:
- This was my 7th PR weekend in a row
- My best advice to any PR weekend newbie is to take the week off afterward. I've taken the week before off, the week after off, and no time before/after off, and honestly, taking the week after off is best. Take the week off before, and you're madly sewing in your personal sweatshop before the conference, then attending the conference, and subsequently finding yourself back at your desk at work, wondering what just happened, why you are so tired, and what happened to your vacation time. Taking the week afterward off is pure bliss.
- I did not go crazy with fabric purchases this year. My fabric closet was already bursting, I felt strangely overwhelmed in Vogue Fabrics, and I had left behind my PR shopping satchel in the hotel room. I regained focus at Fishman's Fabrics, but still did not go crazy.
- I bought two pieces of leather at Fishman's Fabrics. I'm targeting bags for both.
- My only other purchase was 1 yard of this gold floral print denim from New Rainbow Fabrics. This will be either a bag or a skirt.
- I didn't buy anything else! No patterns, no elastic, no notions. That was it! #restrained
- I won second prize in the accessories contest for my neoprene backpack. Yay!
- My prize was two pieces of fabric from Emma One Sock, pictured above. The curve ruler was a prize for Instagramming #prw2016 a lot. And the patterned bag was our shopping satchel.
- I sewed red pull-on jeans like a crazy person the week before the contest to wear during the shopping day. Yay!
- I loved seeing my sewing friends again and meeting new ones!
- Thank you to Deepika for founding PR and to all the volunteers for making it such a great weekend! Read her recap here.
- Next year PR weekend will be in NYC. See you there? I will lead a group through the Garment District!
Wore my PR weekend shopping day outfit today to visit my Great Aunt Iris in assisted living. She's 100. She never sewed, but she did crochet that blanket in the background!