Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Invitation draft; more draft logos;

Draft invitation (wording/date/location to change):
invitation-test-4-alt-2240x1600

Different take on the logo:
Kyle-and-Pete-logo-5-alt

Flower is a little different than the other day:
Kyle-and-Pete-logo-5

Possible cermony/reception locations.
Well, our dream is Hawaii, second place would be in my side yard with subs & cupcakes but my side yard doesn't hold 15 people much less 150. I really want something more like a backyard party and less like a gold-plated, chair covered, chair bowed, cookie cutter wedding palace. So here are some places we'll visit this weekend:

Oak Tree Lodge: in my hometown; is an outdoor picnic place (covered but not enclosed); has mini golf; we could have the hula show by the pool!! Cheapest option.
The Mill at Spring Lake Heights: if it winds up being in the winter; is on a lake; is a wedding palace but is fairly cheap compared to other wedding palaces.
Sandy Hook: ceremony on the bay and reception under a tent; kinda pricey but is on the water; ceremony and reception all in one place.
South Wall Banquet Facilities: basically the firehouse (but a nice one) for the ceremony; get married on the beach first then have reception at the firehouse; have more to manage with this one as far as catering, etc.

Opinions???

2 comments:

  1. Let me preface these suggestions by saying that I'm not sure any of these would look good, but if it were my logo/ invite/ etc. I would try these for the invite:

    1. Either take out the twin columns of hibiscus or substitute another, simpler graphic. The little flowers make the piece busy and I have a hard time focusing on the words (which are smaller and b&w) and the photos (which are adorable and should get more focus, I think).

    2. Try a thinner font for the body.

    3. Add a white border around/ between the photos.

    4. The piece is very 2-d; how about adding some depth with a shadow behind the hibiscus, or layering some elements, like the names ever-so-slightly on top of the hibiscus? Making the hibiscus into a gigantic watermark in the background, dropping the Kyle and Pete up top, and varying the size of the body font to emphasize your names more?

    I am realizing you may be asking for opinions on ceremony and reception locations and not on the logo/ invite. And you may have tried all these things I suggested and didn't like how they turned out. Soooo just ignore this if any of that is the case. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. The colors are great. And I really like the photos on the side! I also like Antoinette's suggestion of making the large hibiscus into a watermark behind wording at the top - though how you would do this I'm not sure - fade the colors?? I also prefer the logo with the "and" written out. But all of this is my personal preference, of course and you may have a different vision. I, of course, like the idea of the beach for the ceremony (but that's also a bit of a problem because you don't know what the weather will be like). Otherwise, all of the venues for the reception sound similar to me right now. I bet you'll have a better idea after you visit them this weekend. You might just see one and "know" instantly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.