I saw the orthopedic doc on Thurs.
- He said that he could "make up a story that would sound really good," but honestly, he doesn't know the source of my pain.
- Now that it's been more than 6 months of daily pain, he said it's chronic back pain and that I need to learn what triggers the flare-ups and avoid doing those things.
- Keep going to the chiro until the chiro discharges me (um, I don't think they do that?) and the acu.
- Keep doing the back exercises from the therapist.
- I asked about supplements. He said studies show glucosamine is effective for osteoarthritis in knees. He said I could try it for 3 months and see if I feel any differently.
- I asked about vitamin D--he said unless I'm deficient, I don't need to take it. Said I should have a blood test at my primary care to determine that.
- I asked about Magnesium. He said he didn't know what that was for. According to the bottle, it helps nerve and muscle function. Acu recommended it. He just said "ok".
- He said because the pain oscillates from side to side, he doesn't think it's the SI joint.
- He said again that my spine is healthy.
- He said walking is the best exercise, and that he thinks I can use free weights again for my arms, as long as I watch my stance.
- He asked if I feel like I'm improving, and I said I am, with pain at a 1, 2 or 3 most days. He said that I seem more upbeat than my last visit.
- Then he said, "Be in good health", shook my hand and said good bye.
On Wed the chiro said if I hadn't had my flare-up, he would have reduced my visits to 1x a week. This coming week I will see him 2x, then I will start to see him 1x a week, unless I have another flare-up.
Tonight I cut out a very simple dress. It's basically to practice making the next dress I want to make, the one to wear to Christine's wedding. I'm worried that this practice dress is too small and will wrinkle too easily. But I am going to make it cute!!
Be in good health. I'm healing. My body knows how to heal itself. There's nothing wrong with me.