Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pattern Review blog surprise! Plus cooking

I'm in the what's new box on patternreview.com
So on Friday I was checking my twitter feed and saw that my review of NewLook 6000 was featured on the PatternReview blog...I must admit, it's kind of wild to read someone else's summary of my review.  I don't know why I was chosen to be featured but I am honored!  Then Monday night I realized that my profile pic is one of the rotating pix in their "what's new" box (if you go to http://sewing.patternreview.com/ and my pic isn't in the box, press refresh until it is).  Get out of town!   The dress is definitely a winner.  I did fix the stretching of the CB seam over the weekend the "right" (or should I say better) way (i.e. ripping it out and ironing interfacing in, then sewing it back up)  I wore it again to work today and got lots of nice comments, and have received great comments on the dress here on my blog and of course on my review at  pattern review.   It was my 99th review on PR...what will be #100???

In other news: It had to be done. I cooked tonight.  I'd MUCH rather sew but I need to get back to eating more of my own food.  Unfortunately I didn't have peas for the minestrone tonight.

minestrone
Here's the lemon chicken orzo
chicken lemon orzo
Library books:  a repeat (I needed a refresher), a novel and a book about ayurveda.
the library books
As always, be well and good night!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your feature! You and I are both on pattern review #99. I hope to have my Burda jacket be #100. I have to stay focused :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it was fun to see your name and photo on the web, unexpectedly. Oh, send me the minestrone. It is soup weather! You are such a smart girl. Surely you could be in the medical field with all the books you read on health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your feature. You did a wonderful job on that dress. Dinner looks delish! I'll be coming over one of these days. I'm in Maryland, so I'll be arriving with a hearty appetite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Why wouldn't they pick you?, you give good details on your reviews and you walks us through your thinking process when trying to resolve problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! That's a fun and certainly well deserved recognition!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.