Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sewing related wall hanging suggestions?

Sorry, some of these are cell phone pix.  My group moved to a new building, so I have a new office. 
Untitled
I still need to get a plant stand and bring my orchids back to the office.
I bought a boatload of Martha Stewart Home Office products (all the aqua colored stuff on my desk) and some new notebooks, squee!
Untitled
And I'm back into the "flowers at work" thing:
Untitled
I love it even more than my old office. And the location is much better. SO MANY POSITIVE THINGS.


I went a little overboard with baskets, but have settled on this combination: brown, aqua and pink. If only Martha had big boxes or baskets to match the stuff on the desk, I would have gone Martha all the way.  But her boxes were 3" tall.  That's not enough for my stuff.
Untitled
I love how the glass in the door frames the coat--I can imagine hanging dresses here for photos like museum pieces, ha ha:
My new office!!
I have some large blank spaces on the walls. I'm looking for sewing-related wall hanging suggestions. Like, the cover of a sewing book, blown way up, was the first thing that came to mind. But it's not like I want Pants for Real People watching over me.   Vogue's Book For Better Sewing?  Suggestions??blank canvas
Here's another blank wall:
blank canvas
And another:
blank canvas
Please let me know your ideas!!
Be well!

6 comments:

  1. Nice office! What about the cover of some pretty vintage magazines?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That door is amazing! I do hope you snap a piccie with your next outfit in it...J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a window! There are days when I *never* see the sun. I arrive to work when it's dark and leave when it's dark. The closest thing to a window I have is a second chalk board with the sun drawn on it.

    Judith recently posted to her blog artwork that used window boxes containing sewing items (thread, zippers, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about making some of your own storage boxes? There are plenty of tutorials on line. With the plethora of pretty quilt and home dec weight fabrics, you'd have a great time choosing something that goes with your color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew up a big banner or two, with pockets for even more storage of lightweight items. Use a hook to hang a beautiful garment, for a personal art gallery that can change whenever you want. Blow up illustrations from Dover Book reprints of 19th century fashion magazines. Put up a huge corkboard for real-life "pin interest" inspirations. Blank walls are more intimidating than something that limits your choices, I always find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice office! I second the idea about vintage magazines. I wish I had more advice to give...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.