My dress of the year: Vogue 1351. Wore this a LOT! Thanks to SunnyGal for pointing this pattern out to me...
Here's my eclectic tally for this calendar year:
- 7 zipper pouches
- 1 pair of UW
- 4 tops
- 1 skirt
- 2 tank tops
- 1 pj shirt
- 4 dresses
- 3 hats
- 4 bags
- 3 aprons
- 1 pair of pants.
- learned how to blind hem on my sewing machine (2012 goal, completed!)
- learned how to use my narrow hem foot on a curve
- learned how to make double welt pockets (they are really not as scary as they used to be)
- learned how to make an interior zipper pocket on a bag (hint: it's very similar to a double welt pocket!)
- got faster and less scared of threading my serger
- I started muslining a lot more.
- April: PR weekend in SF
- May: Mushywear in HNL, Elizabeth in SD, ATP in NYC
- June: velosewer in NYC
- August: MPB Day, where I met Mary
- Sept: American Sewing Expo
- Nov: PR Day in NYC; Rachel and Jeanette in LA; Elizabeth in SD
- I'm really sorry I never got to meet GwenSews, but I still think of her often and miss her!
- learned how to use my new Brother PR sewing machine (Christmas gift 2012)
- teflon presser foot and, thanks to shams, the teflon zipper foot
- Elna Press Alize
- thanks to Girls in the Garden, I learned about Peltex and worked with it!
- I got my pix out of the bathroom and into the back yard, thanks to PR member marec.
- Took the PR classes "Understanding Knit Fabrics" and "More Knits" and "Altering Pants" and did all the homework for them!
- Bought more Craftsy classes and LOVED "Sew Better, Sew Faster".
Goals for the new year:
- stay healthy and survive my work project
- figure out my StyleArc size
- get back to fun sewing
- stop being such a perfectionist with my sewing?
- fix the thurlows, again
- sew a jean jacket
- sew another pair of jeans
- finally make that Jalie fleece
- conquer (or at least lessen and/or live with) Renfrew armpit wrinkles and sew up a few in sweater knits.
- attend PR weekend in Austin
- remake some of my favorite dresses from the past
- redesign my blog
- figure out how to better interact / respond to comments.
Interior zipper pocket
Is this my favorite bag of the year?
Or is this my favorite bag of the year?
Frequenly worn items
Love this tank at the gym, must make more. (I actually added a band of stretch lace later (from LA) to "hem" it).
I wear this pj top all the time
As mentioned, this is my favorite dress of the year. Also love my freestyle embroidery.
I wear this spotted top all the time too!
And of course i love McCalls 6256, my favorite zipper pouch pattern, in 2 sizes!
I'm too tired for misses. Bwah ha ha!
Thank you for reading, commenting, cheering me on and answering my questions! I feel like I know you even though I've never met most of you!
Wishing you a year full of fantastic stitches! See you in 2014! Be well!
Oh, what a great 2013 wrap-up!! Happy New Year! Btw, great minds think alike. I have been thinking about a Renfrew in a sweater knit also. However, I guess I need the pattern first.ReplyDelete
Happy New Year! We've got at least one same goal ... deal with comments better. :-) Maybe we should compare notes (when I actually have some!).ReplyDelete
Wow, that vogue dress is the freaking BOMB! Happy new year to you, I hope you fulfill many of your goals for the new year :)ReplyDelete
So glad that we met. That was one of my highlights this year.ReplyDelete
And as for the comments bit, I really have to investigate this further before I move to wordpress...
Wishing you lots of happiness in 2014.
Happy New Year!!!!ReplyDelete
Happy New Year and great round-up of 2013. I cannot wait to see what you create in 2014ReplyDelete
I simply adore your Vogue dress - so much so that I bought the pattern and intend to make one for myself. I also love your zippered pouches and have added it to my 'gotta-sew' list.ReplyDelete
Happy new year to you. I am looking forward to seeing and reading about more sewing goodness from you!
I love that pink cat bag & the nyc subway ones ;)ReplyDelete
happy new year!
Wow! Your new skills section rocks! Love your V1351 too.ReplyDelete
Love your have dress. Happy new year!!! I hope I get to see you in 2014!ReplyDelete
You've had such a productive year, all the best for 2014!ReplyDelete
What a great year! than you for sharing and posting your sewing experiences! I wish you all the best for 2014!ReplyDelete
What a great year in review post!ReplyDelete