Sunday, July 27, 2014

Vogue 8571 now in progress

I am really loving where this is heading.

20140727_211021
Front

I was obsessing over the gathering last night so I told myself I had half an hour tonight to fuss with it, and wherever it was at a half hour later was what it would be, sort of Project Runway style.

I'm binding the armholes on this stretch woven with bias tape as per Amanda S's tutorial.   One armhole is bound in this shot and the other is about to be bound.  It's a bit unusual to bind a stretch fabric with a woven but it's working out ok so far.  I made myself stop at 9pm though....



20140727_213002
Ok, that back band is looking a bit wonky, but let's hope that's just the angle of the pic, ok?

 Be well!

15 comments:

  1. I made this dress and it is one of my favorite ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely colour, and the shape looks great! Cannot wait to see what it looks like finished

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely colour. Looking forward to seeing this finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I'm not the only one who this the color is gorgeous! It will go great with hou complexion. Can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And apparently I forgot how to spell today....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good, K! I like your idea of setting and keeping a time limit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will be a wonderful dress on you. It is in my stash and I am waiting for summer in Arizona to be done before thinking about it. Your time management tip is a good one-thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for showing us your progress. I love the shape of this dress; I think I'm going to have to put this pattern on my wish list. And that fabric color: exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way this is heading too!! I know it will look nice when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, gorgeous color. This is going to be a beautiful dress. I look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely start Kyle. I can already see you jumping for joy in this dress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.