Saturday, August 2, 2014

V8571: I went with plan C, now in progress


20140802_231254

Hello!

I loved reading all your comments on my last post!!  Especially Trumbelina's about temper tantrums and cookies and balling the dress up and throwing it in a corner.  :)

I went with plan C, which was the majority vote.  I started over and cut out a new bodice from scratch, with the shoulder and armholes and neckline as a size 8 and side seams as size 12 (instead of everything as 14).  Before I did that, though, I basted the side seams as if I had cut a size 12 and suddenly the dress was looking a LOT better.

It looks even better (as in the pix above and below) with the 8/12 combo.

20140802_231304
The underbust seam is actually under my bust.  And when I'm wearing it, the gathers in the back are flat and not droopy.



20140802_231316

I need to fix the gathers (front and back) and swayback pooling but this was just a Q&D basting to see if I was going in the right direction, I think the answer may be yes.  I don't want to jinx myself though!!

I plan on working on this tmw afternoon before my god-cat shows up for 2 weeks at my house for some suburban fun.  Or he can help me work on it.   But I need to do more cleaning too.  Hmmm... I really want to get this dress done before next weekend, can you guess why?

Be well!

8 comments:

  1. Nice! Do you have a hot date next weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking really lovely. I hope you do have a hot date:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See what perseverance will get you - such a lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for hot date.
    looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you have the patience to make it work. It' really is going to be so lovely when it's done. I'm going to guess that god-cat isn't the best sewing helper. god-cat... hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful. I look forward to seeing the finished dress on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks wonderful!! Are you traveling out of town for a special event? I hope you finish it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.