Sunday, August 3, 2014

More Vogue 8571 + cat + new-to-me patterns

Vogue 8571 continuing on Sunday
Sooooo....continuing on......unhemmed, unbound neckline and armholes....
Vogue 8571 continuing on Sunday
Swayback solved
Vogue 8571 continuing on Sunday

You're not seeing the full front-head-on-view because it's very wide somehow.  I think I probably need to come in another half inch on each side and then it'll be good.

Vogue 8571 continuing on Sunday
I think I'm not touching the bodice though (I have now serged the insides), so I can bind the armholes and also install the neckline facing. Then I'll probably baste the sides from the empire seamline down and see how it looks and see if I need to shave off some more SA. Then hem.
Vogue 8571 continuing on Sunday

Yes, I sure know how to make a simple dress into an epic project.
Vogue 8571 continuing on Sunday
I spent a large amount of time today obsessing over those gathers.  Cranking up the needle tension to 6 on my serger helped get the gathers I generally wanted.

The good news is I'm taking Wednesday off, so I think I can finish it then.  Or maybe even work on it a little each night this week.

I loved your guesses as to why I want to get this dress done before next Saturday.  Vanessa was the closest with her "special event" guess.  It's because I'm wearing it to MPB Day!  Or hope to, barring any missteps.  I need to make my list of notions to buy on Saturday.

Vogue 8571 continuing on Sunday

In other news, my god-cat is here, and he came bearing the patterns he was unable to sell at his yard sale!  How sweet of him!!  Many of the patterns were new-to-me but some I had sewn up, ha ha.

I have now cat proofed the sewing room, or so I think.  Lots of dangers for a cat in a sewing room, for sure.  Trumbelina, to steal someone else's cat & sewing joke, Buddy is my largest pattern weight.

Be well!



15 comments:

  1. It's coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful and definitely ready for MPB day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So loving Buddy! Great work on the dress, love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos of you jumping for joy in your makes - they always make me smile! The dress is looking lovely, it's definitely worth the effort you've put in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buddy is adorable and the dress is looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colour is glorious, I do hope you get it finished in time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how this looks and have a great time at MPB day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun at MPB! One of these days I will join you all. Oh and 'god-cat' is the word of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the dress, and MPB day looks like a ton of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dress! Maybe I will see you at MPB day. We just moved to NYC last week and it would be fun to get together with other sewists (and to clean out my pattern stash)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dress is gorgeous! I love the front shirring and nice colour too. Hi Godcat!!! (Kitty waves as well).

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a lovely color on you. I like the jumping photo. And it's totally appropriate that the cat shows obeisiance by showing up with sewing patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty dress, pretty kitty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.