Friday, November 20, 2009

Welcome back to your life

Oh, the gray hair. Last year one of my coworkers said, "you must be wise." I fell for it and asked why, and he said "Because of all your gray hair!!"
Here's March 2008:
Oh, the  invasion of the gray.

Last night:
Attack of the gray

Yup. It's a rare picture without my pink hat!!

Saw Len tonight. Told him about my knee. He thinks I probably twisted it, doesn't think it's a big deal--and it was feeling much better today than it did on Wednesday. He thinks my rib is still strained and that's why I feel it sometimes, and that it needs to be strengthened. I don't think we ever got around to my tendon in my ankle/foot. Someone else showed up and said they had the same appt time as me. So there was some discussion about that, but I was already on the table and I knew I was right. I still think he spent the full 15 minutes with me. I told him about how I've been going to the gym 3x a week now for the past 3 weeks and he said, "welcome back to your life". Ah, yes, welcome back. Honestly, it felt a bit like when I was back in college in freshman English, and my prof said, sometime in the second semester, "I don't have to worry about you anymore." Maybe I'm out of the woods with the worst of the pain.

I SPR'd my red nightgown tonight

As for Project Runway, it was funny to see Tim lose his cool (not that he really did, it seemed like fake drama as other sites have reported). Now I can't remember the Tim quote I wanted to post here, it was from near the beginning of the epi, when he was consulting with Althea. Something about "you're fragile now, but you have a trajectory." I like that.

I fly to England tmw night. I'll pack first thing in the morning. The flight is an overnight flight. I checked into upgrading to first class with miles. It's 20k miles and a $500 "copay" for the fare class. um, since when did upgrading to first class sound like going to the doctor's office? I'll save my bucks and my miles for another time, thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Un-smooth comment by the co-worker. My sister was chagrined last week to find out that I don't have as much as she did at my age, but I'm sure it all evens out in the end. Have a great trip! Can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.