Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sewing Pattern Review 100% cotton contest: entered!

It's a beautiful fall day!
Hurrah! I have just entered the Sewing Pattern Review 100% cotton contest! You can read my review now or you can look at the fun Flickr album I have just created for this jacket which follows the evolution of the jacket, from cutting it out to the finish!

I don't have time to try to get the fit better in the chest area so it will have to do since the contest deadline is on Friday, Oct 31. Also, I wore it to work almost every day this week and my coworkers didn't notice the fit issue until I pointed it out so I think it's ok!

Here are some brief pix:

Outside of the coat...with that fun lining peaking through! The outside is 100% cotton uncut corduroy in "picante". It's a reddish color.
The funky 100% cotton Alexander Henry print lining.
The pleated sleeve cuff with topstitched sleeve extension.

Now it's on to making pjs for Debbie for her b-day (which will be my last entry for the Stash contest, most likely)! And then I probably won't get to sew very much for a while because of my main work project, a 2 week vacation, and Pete's visit for 3 months. I really enjoyed the run at sewing I had since August. I'm sure I will get to sew now and then during the rest of the fall and start of the winter but I won't have as much time to sew.

Happy fall, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, congrats on making it into the contest! Cute jacket -- please keep us posted on results! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'm going to win--there are so many good entries there! But it was fun to enter the contest and I really love wearing the coat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.