Yeah! I actually finished sewing something today! This is the third time I've made this bag. First time was the scissors bag, second time was the Santa bag, and third time is this one. The fabric is Alexander Henry "perfect pattern" fabric which I eeked out of half a yard of fabric purchased at Stitch Lab in Austin in March 2010.
I centered the front of the bag on the dress pattern piece...
...and centered the back of the bag on the bustier pattern piece.
The inside pocket is made from three fabric scraps sewn together. It is lined with that heavy canvas or duck cloth type fabric, so it stands up on its own for the most part. The handles are self fabric interfaced with heavy crafting interfacing.
I thought a lot about Gwen's suggestion of using bubble gum pink or another color (Antoinette later chimed in with gold) but as you see in the pix I went with black piping.
So now that I have my bag for SPR weekend Chicago, next I have to make my badge holder. I don't quite understand what I'm supposed to do but I will have to review the message boards as it's been some time since I've been on the SPR site. I think I will decide next weekend what I am wearing to the conference since I'm guessing the weather could be like anything.
Then I sewed up the underwear I cut out last weekend. Instead of ladybugs, I went with a sequined cherries applique that I ironed on. I totally crack myself up making underwear and putting the labels or appliques on them.
Finally, here's a bit of Princeton color for you:
That's what I looked like after Wednesday lunchtime meditation this week.
Be well and good night!