Friday, December 24, 2010

Food food food

Such a nice Christmas Eve! I woke up at my regular time, but instead of going to work I went to my favorite gym class taught by my favorite instructor, came home and loaded my sleigh for the trip to my parents. We had such a nice afternoon, including a visit from my best friend growing up, Maria,
her husband and baby, and our traditional Christmas Eve present opening.

Here is the big surprise I made for my mom:
Hershey's chocolate cake and frosting both from scratch:
chocolate cake from scratch  I made for mom

Oh yes yummy yummy goodness!  Though I should have put more milk in the frosting; it was a bit difficult to spread.

chocolate cake made from scratch for mom

I enjoyed the look on my mom's face when I brought the cake through the door.  She said, "I'm hiding this in the kitchen.  No one else is getting this."

The cake plate was purchased by my mom at a yard sale. Super cute, isn't it?

I also made cookies for my mom
cookies for Mom
and some for Maria too:
cookies for Maria and Al

That marks my 700th cookie made since 11/14/10.
The tag is made from a rubber stamp mom gave me.

In other food news, my coworker Nadia made me brownies. Her brownies are my favorite brownies ever!  At this point I had almost eaten all of them, but they are all gone now.
Nadia's brownies (all gone now!)

And my coworker Brenda made me flan! Yummy too!  that sugary syrupy sauce is sooo good.  (love the reflection of my dining room lamp in the flan!)
Brenda's flan

I can hear my parents snoring, so all is right with the world.
Merry Christmas everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Mele Kalikimaka Kyle! It sure has been nice getting to "know" you this past year. Your desserts all look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! Happy Christmas from England.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Kyle! I miss flan! Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm. It all looks so good. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.