Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday evening

Thanks everyone--my rib is getting better (again) and it didn't hurt to breathe today. woo!

I had such a bizarre dream this morning. I went to urgent care and signed in. The receptionist asked, "would you like an MRI today?" and I said, "excuse me?" and she replied, "Would you like an MRI today? We have the MRI machine now so you can have an MRI today" and I was kind of incensed and said, "I wish you had this back in the spring!!!" And then I woke up thinking I would like an MRI of my knees.

Len and I had a good conversation tonight. I admitted that I went back to the gym, and he wasn't upset at all. He just told me to take it easy. (He seemed to already know that I went back to the gym, but I'm not sure how he knew...) He is still really enamored by my coat and asked me a lot about it. He had seen it last week already, but I told him how I added pockets last weekend and he seemed really amazed by that and was asking how I did it, like he was really interested in knowing how it all it put together. I'm not sure I've ever had a non-sewist ask in such detail about a garment I made. We also talked more about when he was hit by a car, how it changed his life, etc. It was really great little conversation. I then hit the gym and went to groove class. I took it really easy. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

Tomorrow I take my car in for service and they're letting me have a loaner car for the day. I'm guessing it's going to be $$ if I get a loaner car. I think it needs a brake job. I'll just be glad not to wait in that waiting room with CNN blaring on.

Are we all excited for the Tim-visits-everyone-at-home episode next week? It's my favorite epi of the season!! And just how many times did Tim use the word "staggering" last night??

1 comment:

  1. I love talking with non-sewists about sewing. I love demystifying. Pockets do seem so impressive to someone who doesn't sew. Like Kerry Washington marvelling over the little pockets in Carol Hannah's dress in last week's challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.