Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oh go on now

Feels like it's been ages since I've blogged!

On one hand, I've been feeling more normal than I have since January when all the back pain started. I went back to the gym and I feel sore but don't feel much pain. I now know the difference between muscle soreness and pain. Wild. I have learned so much this year. My rib injury seems to be subsiding quite nicely.

Imagine that, am I healing like a normal person?

On the other hand, I've been more tired than ever. Falling asleep by 10:30 every night or earlier. Wild. No insomnia here. I fall asleep so quickly. But I also wake up at 5 or 6-something (turn on my heating pad) and then sort-of fall back to sleep and then get up around 7am.

Finally wrote my SPR of Simplicity 2558. Woo!

Thought I'd feature a few more birthday cards:
Birthday cards in aggregate

Love these cupcake cards with the glitter:
Sparkly cupcakes

Had acupuncture tonight. I wore my pink fleece hat for the treatment so I wouldn't feel too cold afterward, and it worked quite nicely. Karen thinks I had my "freezing spell" last week because my body was too overstimulated from having chiropractic and acupuncture treatments in the same day along with my rib injury. She thinks my body just "freaked out".

My work puzzles keep coming. Pretty interesting. I love puzzles. Especially when I figure them out. They're not figured out quite yet, but I'm getting there.

Feeling nostalgic for Hawaii. It's getting close to the time Pete and I visited Oahu, Maui, and Kauai last year. Don't I look a lot younger??? All this pain has aged me...
At Hanauma Bay

Would you like me to take your photo...

We had pix taken of us at work, kind of like school pictures, for use in a new dept website. I don't know when the website will be up, but the pictures were really interesting to look at.

Anti-glare glasses are definitely worth the expense, generally for computer wear but also for photo shoots. I remember the photographer saying that my glasses were great for photographing. Now I can really see why, compared to those with regular glasses.

Sometimes I think I look a lot like my grandmother, and other times I think I look like my dad.

You know, Christmas is coming up. Crazy. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? I'm about 2/3 done. I cut my list again this year. That's a whole other post.

1 comment:

  1. SO MUCH SLEEP! I am sort of jealous. Do you really think you look younger one year ago?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.