I cut out the lining tonight and sewed it up and put it on for fun:
Pretty wild, huh?
I sewed it partially in. The hem is just pinned here.
Here's the flasher shot:
Here's my bad pocket; I'll fix that tmw. The other pocket is pretty a-ok now that I've "fixed" it for the third time. The hem is just pinned there so it's wavy.
Here's a closeup of the collar. I see a little weirdy pucker on the facing that I'll fix tmw:
Last weekend I moved the back tab down, now I've moved it somewhere half way up:
Let's look at that fabulous lining again (with a card of buttons):
Here's the back of the jacket as it stands right now:
And here's a mockup of the tab detail. I still love the bias cut of the tab. And I adore those buttons. Totally reminds me of a jacket my dad had when I was little.
So far, so good. Tmw will be some sleeve and bodice hemming, pucker and pocket fixing. Still need to decide on buttonholes and buttons vs fakeout buttons with snaps.