- Friday night: washed fabric
- Saturday night: cut out exterior fabric
- Today: Sewed the exterior
- Tmw: cut out lining, sew lining
- Sometime during week: hand sew where necessary, decide on "buttons and buttonholes" vs "snaps and fake out buttons", cut threads, wear with pride!
I'm pretty excited about where this jacket is going.
Here's the Batman shot:
Here's a closeup of the collar, which came out really nicely without a lot of effort, shockingly!!
Here you can see the sleeve with the sleeve tab (and my "tape" label to let me know which side is up!). I thought the sleeve tab was too low so I moved it up an inch.
Here's the back, with another "tape" label on the collar.
It's hard to see the back tab in the above shot. I just adore the back tab, cut on the bias. It's easier to see the tab here. I hadn't put the sleeves in just yet.
The tab was too high on my back in my opinion, so I moved it lower. Also, the back of the jacket was too big, so I wound up taking it in quite a lot, so I think there's one inch seams now.
I also thought the pockets were too small...my hands don't really fit in them and they aren't deep either. I'd be too afraid something would fall out. Also, I used my funky lining fabric but it could be seen (as in the above shot)! So I ripped out the pockets and used larger pockets from another pattern. Yes, I could have used the patch pockets that come with the pattern, but I prefer pockets on the seams.
This corduroy fabric I'm using is very "sheddy". I'm finding little bits of fluff everywhere. I will definitely clean the lint out from my machine after this. But I love the fabric. It's super soft and fluffy. I was sure to cut the fabric with the nap. That way I can "pet" my jacket.
Again, I'm very excited about where this jacket is going!!