Tuesday, January 19, 2010

SPR Refashion contest: Please vote Now!

Voting has begun in the Sewing Pattern Review Refashion contest. I'm not sure when voting ends, but why not go on over there and vote right now?

And if you vote for me, I'll be tickled pink! Here's a refresher of the shirt I made:

close up of finished shirt

I have a three day weekend this weekend. I'm going to make Simplicity 2508 which is one of those Project Run(a)way patterns with a bazillion variations. I am basically making this coat. It has some really nifty bias details (sleeve tab, back tab, welt). Plus it has raglan sleeves and a collar without a collar stand, so it shouldn't be too difficult (famous last words).

On the left is the lining fabric. It's 100% cotton and has been in stash for at least 2 years. Maybe 3 years. It's not real lining fabric, but so what? On the right is the corduroy fabric. Bought it tonight at Jo-Ann's with a 50% off coupon. Woo!
lining and exterior fabric for Simplicity 2508

My neighbor is grilling. In January. I can smell it in my house. I thought something was burning. Then I realized just what was burning. I *hate* that smell!

Good night!

3 comments:

  1. Actually, I have already voted in that contest, but you'll be pleased to know it was for you! very cute entry.

    I totally love that coat and have put it onto my list of must sew coats- because a gal can not have too many coats, I've found.

    Your lining looks great - there's no reason why you can't use any fabric you like for lining - the things to consider are, how does it drape with the outer fabric? will it allow me to breathe? when I slide my arms through, will the fabric catch or slip my arms in? other considerations are warmth or coolness, and for me, the most important, wearability - because I hate replacing lining.

    If passes all those criteria for you, then go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that coat pattern and might like to make it! I will wait with bated breath to hear what you think, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And I'm going over to vote now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.