Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My sewing goals for 2010

Here we go:
  1. Learn reverse applique (see my asterisk shirt as an example).
  2. Learn how to do a swayback adjustment for dresses
  3. Make a real pair of pants with a zipper fly and waistband and "everything"
  4. Make another lined jacket
  5. Learn how to use the serger that a former coworker gave me (it's a castoff that had been passed around, apparently)
  6. Maybe buy the BabyLock Evolve Serger which also has a coverlock feature (wait, is it called cover stitch? now I can't think...when it looks like the double row of stitching on the bottom of a t-shirt...that thing...apparently the Evolve can do surging and that type of stitch)
  7. Research and buy a dressform
  8. Have a pattern cleanout and giveaway!
You have voted in the Sewing Pattern Review Refashion contest, yes? Thank you to everyone who has voted so far (especially if it was for me!) :)

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I would be so jealous and excited for you if you got a serger/ overlock! As often as you sew knits I could see this being a very good investment for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is, I knew you meant coverstitch! That's what I meant, too. Our misunderstandings cancelled each other out and we were talking about the same thing! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.