Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween 2009!!

Happy Halloween!!

Happy Halloween!!!

Let's go back, back, waaaay back to 2007. Here are the costumes I made that year.

Me, Pirate:
Pirate on Halloween

Pete, lion:
Lion in the light

I documented the progress of making the lion in its own Flickr album.

We were in Myrtle Beach for Halloween in 2007. Hence the ocean!

This is one of my favorite pictures. Plus, you can see the tail:
Pete stalks a giraffe

I didn't dress up this year for candy distribution (last year I wore the pirate outfit, previous years I was an m&m or Winnie the Pooh (both store bought)), but I did wear my orange shirt from Japan:
9 days wonder: can't recall an important event in my life

I don't know how many trick or treaters I had this year, but I think it might be 40 or 50. There was one group of 10 alone, so it was pretty significant for me. At first I was giving kids 2 or 3 candies each or even 4 if they were kids I knew or ultra-cute, but then I started to run out of candy and then it was just 1 per kid. It was the most trick or treaters I ever had. Then I started to get tired around 7pm, and then it started to rain, so no more! 8 pieces of candy are left over.

It was an incredibly warm Halloween. I went for a walk this afternoon. 70, very windy (it was like it was "snowing" with leaves), humid, cloudy. I didn't bring my camera, but I will tmw. Someone carved a clever pumpkin and I hope it's still there tmw!!

And how did you spend your Halloween??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.