Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Parting gifts

Tomorrow I host the "game show" for my class . Here are my "parting gifts", in aggregate:
parting gift, in aggregate!

and here's a blurry close up of one parting gift, consisting of: pretzels, Kit Kat, peanut M&M's, Nestle Crunch, Haribo gummy bears, Reese's peanut butter cup, and a promotional pen.

Parting gift: pretzels, m&ms, kit kat, reese's peanut butter cup, nestle's crunch, gummy bears and a pen!
Don't you wish you were attending my class???

I went for a long walk after work today. Pete showed me a neat feature on Google maps where it calculates distances which is great because I wander all over my neighborhood and the adjacent one, and cross a foot bridge in between the two. Today I walked 2.5 miles post-work, and about a mile during work.

I practiced my intro yet again on my walk. I almost have it down pat. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. When it comes to classes I haven't taught before, I'm a little nervous. When I'm nervous, I try to pretend I'm someone else. Years ago I would pretend I'm Paige Davis from Trading Spaces. Today I sometimes pretended I was Heidi Klum (hello!) or Ted Allen (on Food Detectives, though he usually sounds to me like he's shouting a lot when he narrates).

3 comments:

  1. Good luck today and have fun! It will be a great class!

    Can you share the google maps function, or tell what it's called? I started jogging in the neighborhood again a few weeks ago and have come up with two short routes -- would like to figure out distance of each without having to drive them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the class went well today. I wish I could have been there - and not just for the parting gifts. It's funny the more you have to be in front of people, the less nervous you get. At least I'm finding that to be the case. And it sounds like it's true for you when you aren't teaching a new class.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.